To attend, please register online.
For the second year running the RAL Space Early Careers Conference brings together current space industry members including research scientists and engineers to share their experiences with those interested in space careers.
This inclusive virtual conference aims to demonstrate and promote skills and highlight early career opportunities at RAL Space, STFC, and across the wider space industry, through exciting talks and a panel discussion with plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
The event will run alongside the 18th Appleton Space Conference and key points and outcomes from the Early Careers Conference will be shared with the Appleton delegates during the programme on Thursday 1st December.
Speakers from across the space sector will share stories of their different career paths, what projects they work on, and what a day in the life looks like for them.
Keynote speaker: Dr Jane Hurley, Head of Earth Observation and Atmospheric Science, RAL Space
- Temi Shogelola, Head of Inspiration Programme, UK Space Agency
- John Chinner, Principal Electrical Engineer and Faculty Leader, Airbus Defence and Space Engineering Academy
- Oyuki Chang, Instrument Scientist. RAL Space
- Téa Seitis, Graduate Project Manager, RAL Space's Imaging Systems Division
- Max Rippington, Environmental Test Engineer, RAL Space
- Conor Sandiford, Environmental Test Engineer, RAL Space
- Ian Horsfall, Dynamics Group Leader, RAL Space
- Alex Davidson, Product Assurance Group Leader, RAL Space
- Bea Fischer-Harrison, Graduate Optics Engineer, RAL Space
10:00 - 10:10 Opening Key note
10:10 - 11:10 Career talks
11:15 - 11:55 Panel discussion
12:00 - 12:30 Q&A
Who can attend?
The event is aimed at those with an interest in space sector opportunities and particularly those in the early stage of their career: GCSE/BTEC, A-Level/Post-16, university students, and young professionals. The conference seeks to inspire the next generation to pursue a fulfilling career in the space industry.
Téa at a school workshop, who will speak about her experience on STFC's graduate programme. Credit: STFC RAL Space