The first in-person Appleton Space Conference in two years will update delegates on the latest research, science and technology developments and provide opportunity to discuss the issues facing the space sector.
The event will be held at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory on the Harwell Campus.
The conference programme outlines the presentations, and times available for networking and exploring the showcase exhibits.
Registration 08:45 - 09:00 / Closing networking 18:25 - 19:00
18th Appleton Space Conference Keynote Lecture: "The JWST Mission and First Science", Prof Gillian Wright, MBE, FRSE, European Principal Investigator MIRI and Director UK ATC.
- Dr Sarah Beardsley, Director STFC RAL Space
- Rebecca Evernden, Director of Space, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Paul Bate, Chief Executive Officer, UK Space Agency
- Dr David Parker, Director of Human and Robotic Exploration, European Space Agency
- Dr Nicholas Walton, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge
- Dr Anne Marie Imafidon, MBE, Co-Founder Stemettes
- Joseph Dudley, Director, Space Skills Alliance
- Dr Emma Egging, Chief Executive Officer, Jon Egging Trust
- Dr Gemma Attrill, Defence Science and Technology Laboratory
- Anita Bernie, Managing Director, MDA UK
- Prof Timothy Spiller, Director, EPSRC Quantum Communications Hub
- Mohammed Belal, Spire Global
- Dr Nick Appleyard, Head of Downstream Applications, European Space Agency
- Dr Damien Weidmann, Research Scientist, STFC RAL Space
- Stuart Martin, Chief Executive Officer, Satellite Applications Catapult
- Dr Andy Muir, Investment Director, Future Planet Capital
- Dr Barbara Ghinelli, Director, Innovation Clusters and Harwell Campus
- Hitesh Thakrar, STFC Council
This event is by invitation only.
The conference talks will be live-streamed. If you would like to listen to the talks, please register for the online 18th Appleton Space Conference.