Design and test
- RAL offers extensive world-class engineering experience in the design and test of Electrical/Electronic Systems for Space. Recent and current programmes include Hershel, STEREO, Planck, SDO, GOES-R, Earthcare BBR and Amazonia-1.
- Experienced in the procurement of specialised Hi-Rel Space and Military Components (including ITAR Controlled devices).
- ESA Certified operators and inspectors for Hi-Rel hand assembly of Electrical Electronic assemblies.
- Experienced in handling Super ESD sensitive devices.
- Experienced in the creation of Harness and Wiring Looms for complex space instrument systems.
- 2x ISO 14644-1:1999 Class 6 Clean room assembly facilities with environmental controlled temperature and humidity.
- 3x full equipped test laboratories supporting up to 12+ Design/Test Engineers.
- Component Lead Forming Facilities.
- On-site Mechanical Chassis and Case Work fabrication facilities.
- On-site environmental test facilities (Vacuum - Temperature cycling for simulating the harsh environment of space).
- On-site ASIC design facilities.
- On-site Wire Bonding facilities for Integrated Circuits.
- Off-site conformal coating facility specialising in the spray coat application of complex materials such as Arathane 5750.
For more information please contact: RAL Space Enquiries